SCMS confers an annual Pedagogy Award for outstanding
pedagogical achievement in Cinema and Media Studies. The Pedagogy Award Committee adjudicates
nominations according to criteria of pedagogical achievement in some or all of
the following areas: Instruction; Publication and Development of Educational
Materials; Service/Value in Cinema and Media Studies Pedagogy. SCMS will
present a plaque and a check for $500 to the winner at the annual conference.
For award criteria,
click here, and then access the nomination form.
- Nominees must be full members (not temporary members) of the Society for the new 2014-2015 membership year.
- The SCMS office will verify the eligibility of the entry and
verify membership before distributing copies to the committee members.
Nominators complete the online nomination form August 1, 2014 (5pm CT).
- The SCMS office notifies nominees by August 15, 2013.
- Nominees must accept or decline the nomination by September 5, 2013.
- If the nomination is accepted, the nominator and nominee are
responsible for compiling and sending an electronic copy of the dossier to the
SCMS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 3, 2014 (5pm CT) with the subject line
For dossier guidelines, click here.
Past winners of the Society for Cinema and Media Studies Pedagogy Award
2007 Chuck Kleinhans
2008 Diane Carson
2009 Barry Grant
2010 No Award Given
2011 Charles Wolfe
2012 Marsha Cassidy
2013 Constance Balides
2014 Timothy Corrigan