When you are ready to request/purchase exhibit space, click here.
2017 Society for Cinema & Media Studies Conference
March 22 - March 26, 2017
Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
Join us for our 2017 conference, where your organization has the opportunity to capture the attention of an estimated 3,000+ scholars from 38 countries around the world.
SCMS 2017 is a tabletop show. All materials must be displayed and sold from your tabletop. Any exceptions must be approved by the SCMS Conference Manager at least one month prior to the conference and could result in additional fees. Information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
The Exhibit Area is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday (March 23-25, 2017)—the most heavily attended days of the conference. We always try to station the exhibits in a heavily traveled area—designed to bring in a high volume of traffic. Please note: times for the exhibition area will be set after the program committee finalizes the conference schedule. You will be notified of these hours as soon as possible in order for you to make your travel plans.
We Are Offering 4 Different Exhibition Options
- Full Tables $600 USD—all your own, staffed by your own representatives, for the duration of the conference.
- Unmanned Exhibit Tables $600 USD—full tabletop (all your own), unstaffed, for the duration of the conference. Offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $600 USD, SCMS will exhibit your titles and materials for you. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to exhibits@]scmsconference.com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company chosen by SCMS. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
- Shared Exhibit Tables $300 USD—if you have too many titles for one table but not enough for two, we are offering Shared Exhibit Tables. If you elect this option, it is YOUR responsibility to coordinate with another publisher/exhibitor regarding the sharing of a table (the publisher/exhibitor must already have at least one tabletop of their own). The only thing SCMS will be responsible for is making sure that your tables are adjacent to one another. Each publisher/exhibitor will pay $300 USD. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to email@example.com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should explain who will be sharing the table.
- Joint Exhibit Tables $250 USD—are offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $250 USD, SCMS will exhibit up to three titles from any one publisher/exhibitor on tables shared with other joint exhibitors. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the joint exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
Please be sure to fill out the online EXHIBIT CONTRACT and submit your payment by Monday, December 19, 2016.
REQUIRED PAYMENT INFORMATION:
1. All payments are due prior to the conference and must be paid by the deadline of Monday, December 19, 2016 to secure your exhibit table(s) at the Chicago conference.
2. Credit cards are the preferred method of payment.
Exhibitor Registration Policy
SCMS grants two (2) complimentary registrations per press/institution/company.
Exception: If you would like to bring more than two (2) representatives and have purchased MORE than one exhibition table, you will be allowed one additional complimentary conference registration per table (for example, if you purchase 3 tables, you will be allowed 4 complimentary registrations). If you have purchased only one (1) exhibition table and wish to bring more than two (2) representatives, you will be asked to pay the conference registration fee that applies.
Placement: this year, tabletop space will be assigned in the order in which exhibit contracts are received online. Please understand that acceptance of this contract by SCMS does not guarantee specific placement within the exhibition. Conference sponsors receive preferential placement.
Contract and Payment Deadline -- Monday, December 19, 2016.
Partial (80%) payment will be refunded if contract is cancelled before Monday, December 19, 2016.
No refunds will be issued after Monday, December 19, 2016. Thank you.
Again, information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
NOTE: Please support SCMS and the conference by reserving your room at the conference hotel. SCMS reserves a block of discounted rooms for attendees. If these rooms are not booked, the conference must pay a sizeable penalty.
Included in the $159 nightly rate (for SCMS attendees/exhibitors staying at the conference hotel)
- $15 food & beverage credit to the individual guestrooms per night to be applied towards meals, bar, in room dining, etc. This only applies for guests booked inside the SCMS block at the group rate or higher. F&B credit is non-transferable
- Complimentary access to mySpa Fitness Center (valued at $15/day)
- Complimentary basic guestroom internet access (valued at $14.95/day)
- 15% discount off restaurant and in room dining pricing as long as guests charge to their individual guestrooms
- 15% discount off 2017 MySpa Treatment Pricing
- 20% discount off 2017 Overnight Valet parking
For room reservations, please call 1-866-540-4408 or the hotel directly at (312) 565-8000 and specify that you are a part of the Society for Cinema & Media Studies Annual Conference to receive the group rate and the additional concessions listed above. You can also make reservations by visiting <https://resweb.passkey.com/go/scms2017>.
Reservations will be accepted until the cut-off date of March 1, 2017—based on availability. However, reservations should be made as soon as possible as we expect the hotel to sell out early (well before the cut-off date).
If you have any problems, please email email@example.com.
WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR HOTEL STAY TO BE FREE?
Everyone who makes their reservation at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park before the early bird deadline of January 13, 2017 will be entered in a drawing to win the cost of their entire stay at the conference (up to 4 nights) – certificate expires June 30, 2017.
Exhibitor Receptions (For 2017 Exhibitors Only)
If you plan/wish to have a reception/event at this year’s conference, we ask that you fill out the following form by Friday, January 20, 2017 5PM CT.
Exhibitor Reception Form
This will enable us to assign space and help publicize your event (it will be listed in the conference program). If your reception is to take place during show hours in the exhibit area, please note that in the comments section. If you wish to hold a reception in space other than the exhibit area, it will have to be held in the evening once official sessions have ended. Your room assignment/time will be emailed to you once the program is finalized (early February 2017) by the Conference Manager.
Receptions cannot be scheduled at the same time as the Caucus/SIG Open House (Thurs, Mar 23, 11a-1245p), Members’ Business Meeting (Fri, Mar 24, 11a-12p), or during the Award Ceremony or the Reception (Fri, Mar 24, 415-530p & 545-645p).
You can access menus from the hotel for your meeting/reception here (opens as a PDF).
Request/Purchase Exhibit Space
SCMS Exhibition Agreement: Exhibitor applies to rent a booth or booths at the Society for Cinema & Media Studies Exhibition. Upon receipt of payment and confirmation of this agreement by SCMS, SCMS agrees to provide such booth space as is available to Exhibitor. SCMS retains the right to determine the placement of Exhibitors within the Exhibition, and to establish rules regarding hours of operation and the operation of the Exhibition. Exhibitor agrees that it will not sublet or assign its space at the Exhibition without prior consent from SCMS. SCMS and its agents and employees shall not be responsible for any injury or loss to the Exhibitor or its employees during or because of the Exhibition, including personal injury or damage to property. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify SCMS, the Fairmont Chicago, and their respective employees and agents against any claims and expenses arising out of the use of the exhibition premises. Exhibitor understands that neither SCMS nor the Fairmont Chicago, maintains insurance covering the Exhibitor’s property, and it is the sole responsibility of Exhibitor to obtain such insurance. No agreements, oral or written, which conflict with SCMS’s policies set forth therein, will be binding on SCMS. All information concerning the SCMS conference & conference program is the sole property of SCMS and any unauthorized use or reproduction of said information is prohibited. Your press/company/representative's signature on this contract assumes you understand and agree to abide by SCMS’ Exhibit Guidelines. Participation in SCMS 2017 requires compliance with the rules of other organizations as well as those of SCMS - these organizations include, but are not limited to, the Fairmont Chicago, and the Chicago Fire Marshall.
The Society for Cinema & Media Studies (SCMS) complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws, orders, and regulations. SCMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity organization and affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in all programs and activities. Please let us know how we can accommodate any special needs you have.