WHO WE ARE
Graduate students constitute the largest membership group in SCMS, and we represent the next generation of film, television, and new media scholars. Our concerns are addressed through the Graduate Student Organization, which was formed in the late eighties to provide fellowship, support, and advocacy for the Society’s graduate student members.
If you are a graduate student member in good standing, please visit the GSO group page and join our organization.
The Graduate Student Organization provides fellowship, support, and advocacy for the Society’s graduate student members. It fulfills this mission by electing a graduate student representative to the Board of Directors for a two-year term.
Key priorities for the GSO representative include the following:
- Represent the concerns of the graduate student membership at all business meetings with the Board of Directors
- Maintain a library of resources for the graduate student membership on the SCMS website
- Sponsor student-oriented panels and workshops at the SCMS annual conference
- Coordinate mentorship and networking opportunities with the Society’s senior membership
- Identify overlapping interests and concerns with other scholarly interest groups, caucuses, and committees
| Scholarly Interest Groups
| Graduate Student Organization
| Request Funding