The purpose of the French and Francophone Scholarly Interest Group is to offer a forum for intellectual exchange among scholars of the moving image who are members of SCMS and other sister organizations such as the Association Française des Enseignants et des Chercheurs en Cinéma et Audiovisuel (AFECCAV) with an interest and expertise in French and francophone cinemas and cultures.
View members' group page >
1. To foster communication and intellectual exchange with other professional organizations such as the Association Française des Enseignants et des Chercheurs en Cinéma et Audiovisuel.
2. To encourage the organization of panels and sessions on French and francophone films, other visual media, culture and theory.
3. To schedule a yearly meeting at the SCMS conference during which scholars sharing these interests and goals may come together to formulate specific projects such as screenings, conferences, and publications on topics that come under the rubric of the group's mandate.
4. To promote communication with interested SCMS members and others regarding information on conferences, publications, employment opportunities, research fellowships and screenings in the group's areas of interest.
5. To encourage participation and membership in SCMS from scholars within other disciplines working on French and francophone media and culture.
6. To maintain a web site linking SCMS with sister organizations such as AFECCAV.
Join Now >
Kelley Conway: email@example.com
Caucuses | Scholarly Interest Groups | Graduate Student Organization | Request Funding