Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Register
Site-wide Search
Approaches to production design (including set dressing, props, costumes)
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/14/2011 at 8:37:56 PM GMT

Type of Posting

Panel

Panel/Workshop Title:

First Name

Hiaw Khim

Last Name

Tan

Organization

University of Chicago

Email Address

hiawkhim@uchicago.edu

Summary

I am hoping to create a panel that addresses the manifold nature of production design, including, as stated above, the issues surrounding the planning and design of the set itself, its dressing for dramatic purpose, the props used and the costumes that are to be played within it. Presentations of case studies of the figures and components involved (set designers, production histories, analyses of costume design, or the fashioning and role of props) are very much welcome, but I am also looking to expand the approaches to the topic and the heuristic potential of these materials. As such I am particularly interested in proposals that draw from scenographic studies, theater history, the study of props, nascent theorizations of set design and so forth, still with an eye, of course, towards some application in film studies. Please send a short paragraph describing your presentation (embedding it within the text of the e-mail is fine) to hiawkhim@uchicago.edu, including some mention of your sources or the background to your project, in order to help me understand the context of your work. I will abide by the SCMS deadline of August 15th for notification of acceptance.

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Latest News

Society for Cinema and Media Studies | 640 Parrington Oval | Wallace Old Science Hall, Room 300 | Norman, OK 73019 | 405-325-8075 | office@cmstudies.org