When you are ready to request/purchase exhibit space, click here.
2016 Society for Cinema & Media Studies Conference
March 30 - April 3, 2016
Join us for our 2016 conference, where your organization has the opportunity to capture the attention of an estimated 3,000+ scholars from 38 countries around the world.
SCMS 2016 is a tabletop show. All materials must be displayed and sold from your tabletop. Any exceptions must be approved by the SCMS Conference Manager at least one month prior to the conference and could result in additional fees. Information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
The Exhibit Area is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday (March 31 - April 2, 2016)—the most heavily attended days of the conference. We always try to station the exhibits in a heavily traveled area—designed to bring in a high volume of traffic. Please note: times for the exhibition area will be set after the program committee finalizes the conference schedule. You will be notified of these hours as soon as possible in order for you to make your travel plans.
We Are Offering 4 Different Exhibition Options
- Full Tables $600 USD—all your own, staffed by your own representatives, for the duration of the conference.
- Unmanned Exhibit Tables $600 USD—full tabletop (all your own), unstaffed, for the duration of the conference. Offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $600 USD, SCMS will exhibit your titles and materials for you. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to exhibits[at]scmsconference[dot]com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company chosen by SCMS. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
- Shared Exhibit Tables $300 USD—if you have too many titles for one table but not enough for two, we are offering Shared Exhibit Tables. If you elect this option, it is YOUR responsibility to coordinate with another publisher/exhibitor regarding the sharing of a table (the publisher/exhibitor must already have at least one tabletop of their own). The only thing SCMS will be responsible for is making sure that your tables are adjacent to one another. Each publisher/exhibitor will pay $300 USD. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to exhibits[at]scmsconference[dot]com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should explain who will be sharing the table.
- Joint Exhibit Tables $250 USD—are offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $250 USD, SCMS will exhibit up to three titles from any one publisher/exhibitor on tables shared with other joint exhibitors. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to exhibits[at]scmsconference[at]com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the joint exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
Please be sure to fill out the online EXHIBIT CONTRACT and submit your payment by Friday, January 8, 2016.
REQUIRED PAYMENT INFORMATION:
1. All payments are due prior to the conference and must be paid by the deadline of Friday, February 5, 2016 to secure your exhibit table(s) at the Atlanta conference.
2. Credit card payments are the preferred method of payment.
Exhibitor Registration Policy
SCMS grants two (2) complimentary registrations per press/institution/company.
Exception: If you would like to bring more than two (2) representatives and have purchased MORE than one exhibition table, you will be allowed one additional complimentary conference registration per table (for example, if you purchase 3 tables, you will be allowed 4 complimentary registrations). If you have purchased only one (1) exhibition table and wish to bring more than two (2) representatives, you will be asked to pay the conference registration fee that applies.
Placement: this year, tabletop space will be assigned in the order in which exhibit contracts are received online. Please understand that acceptance of this contract by SCMS does not guarantee specific placement within the exhibition. Conference sponsors receive preferential placement.
Contract and Payment Deadline -- Friday, January 8, 2016.
Partial (80%) payment will be refunded if contract is cancelled before Friday, January 8, 2016.
No refunds will be issued after Friday, January 8, 2016. Thank you.
Again, information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
Sleeping Room Arrangements
SCMS has very favorable room rates of $159 US per night. For room reservations, please call 1-800- HILTONS (1-800-445-8667) or call the hotel directly at 404-659-2000 and specify that you are a part of the Society for Cinema & Media Studies Annual Conference. You can also use three letter group code “SCM” in case there is a challenge finding the room block by name by the call center. You can also make reservations by visiting: <https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=13852881>.
Cut-off date: Monday, March 8, 2016.
Reservations should be made as soon as possible as we expect the hotel to sell out early (well before the cut-off date).
For further information or assistance, please contact:
SCMS Conference Manager
Exhibitor Receptions (For 2016 Exhibitors Only)
If you plan/wish to have a reception/event at this year’s conference, we ask that you fill out the following form by Friday, January 15, 2016 5PM CT.
Exhibitor Reception Form
This will enable us to assign space and help publicize your event (it will be listed in the conference program). If your reception is to take place during show hours in the exhibit area, please note that in the comments section. If you wish to hold a reception in space other than the exhibit area, it will have to be held in the evening once official sessions have ended. Your room assignment/time will be emailed to you once the program is finalized (early February 2016) by the Conference Manager.
Receptions cannot be scheduled at the same time as the Orientation for New Members & Networking Session (Day/Time TBA), Members’ Business Meeting (Day/Time TBA), or during the Award Ceremony or the Reception (Day/Time TBA).
If you need menus from the hotel for your meeting/reception, please contact Leslie LeMond.
Request/Purchase Exhibit Space
SCMS Exhibition Agreement: Exhibitor applies to rent a booth or booths at the Society for Cinema & Media Studies Exhibition. Upon receipt of payment and confirmation of this agreement by SCMS, SCMS agrees to provide such booth space as is available to Exhibitor. SCMS retains the right to determine the placement of Exhibitors within the Exhibition, and to establish rules regarding hours of operation and the operation of the Exhibition. Exhibitor agrees that it will not sublet or assign its space at the Exhibition without prior consent from SCMS. SCMS and its agents and employees shall not be responsible for any injury or loss to the Exhibitor or its employees during or because of the Exhibition, including personal injury or damage to property. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify SCMS, the Hilton Atlanta, and their respective employees and agents against any claims and expenses arising out of the use of the exhibition premises. Exhibitor understands that neither SCMS nor the Hilton Atlanta, maintains insurance covering the Exhibitor’s property, and it is the sole responsibility of Exhibitor to obtain such insurance. No agreements, oral or written, which conflict with SCMS’s policies set forth therein, will be binding on SCMS. All information concerning the SCMS conference & conference program is the sole property of SCMS and any unauthorized use or reproduction of said information is prohibited. Your press/company/representative's signature on this contract assumes you understand and agree to abide by SCMS’ Exhibit Guidelines. Participation in SCMS 2016 requires compliance with the rules of other organizations as well as those of SCMS - these organizations include, but are not limited to, the Hilton Atlanta, and the Atlanta Fire Marshall.
The Society for Cinema & Media Studies (SCMS) complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws, orders, and regulations. SCMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity organization and affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in all programs and activities. Please let us know how we can accommodate any special needs you have.