2020 Conference Registration Funds Requests
As the SCMS leadership monitored the worldwide developments related to COVID-19 and examined member responses to the survey, the Board of Directors unanimously voted to cancel the conference in the face of this major public health crisis. SCMS will be extending a number of options to our membership regarding conference registration fees.
All SCMS 2020 registrants have the following options for their conference registration fees:
Donate your refund to the SCMS General Fund as a tax-deductible gift (you will be listed in next year’s conference program as a donor)
Transfer your 2020 registration to the 2021 Conference in Chicago (March 17-21, 2021)
Receive a full refund of your 2020 registration
Please use the form at the bottom of the page to request a refund, to donate, or to transfer funds to SCMS 2021. Any registrant who does not indicate a preference by April 1, 2020 will receive an automatic full refund of conference registration fees.
Regardless of the option you choose, we greatly appreciate your generous support and patience during this time.
Donate to General Fund
We request that registered attendees, particularly those who are able, consider donating their registration fees to SCMS as a tax-deductible gift. Should you choose to donate your 2020 Conference Registration fees, you will be acknowledged in official SCMS donor lists and included in the 2021 Conference Program. If you would like this donation to be anonymous, please select the checkbox in the form below.
Defer/Transfer to 2021 Conference
Another option is to defer funds from SCMS 2020 to registration for 2021. Once this transfer is processed, you will receive an email confirmation for SCMS 2021 Registration. We anticipate 2021 registration confirmation emails to be sent in April and appreciate your patience in the meantime.
SCMS is actively working to process refund requests for all SCMS 2020 Annual Conference registration fees. Based on current estimates, all refunds will be processed by early May.
1. All registration payments made via credit card will be refunded to the original credit card used in the transaction.
2. Should registration refunds not be available via credit card, these registration payments will be refunded via check. All refunds made by check will be mailed to the address on file. Please make any changes to mailing addresses directly to your member profile.
3. It is each registrant’s responsibility, if they did not pay the fee directly, to provide a copy of the refund receipt (which you should have received via the email address you registered with) to the appropriate person/department to document the refund.
4. Individuals incurring cancellation fees prior to the updated refund policy in connection with COVID-19 will receive a full refund, meaning you will now get back the 20% administrative fee.
5. If the card used for conference registration is now expired, you will receive a check in the mail with the refund amount to the mailing address listed in your member profile.
SCMS cannot refund individuals or companies for additional expenses related to your planned conference attendance. These expenses include but are not limited to transportation costs such as airline or train tickets and related fees, hotel reservations, or any other expenses.
2020 Conference Registration Funds Requests Form