When you are ready to request/purchase exhibit space, click here.
2019 Society for Cinema & Media Studies Conference
March 13—March 17, 2019
Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
Join us for our 2019 conference, where your organization has the opportunity to capture the attention of an estimated 3,000+ scholars from 38 countries around the world.
SCMS 2019 is a tabletop show. All materials must be displayed and sold from your tabletop. Any exceptions must be approved by the SCMS Director of Conferences and Events at least one month prior to the conference and could result in additional fees. Information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
The Exhibit Area will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday (March 14-16, 2019)—the most heavily attended days of the conference. We always try to station the exhibits in a heavily traveled area—designed to bring in a high volume of traffic. Please note: times for the exhibition area will be set after the program committee finalizes the conference schedule. You will be notified of these hours as soon as possible in order for you to make your travel plans.
We Are Offering 4 Different Exhibition Options
- Full Tables $650 USD—all your own, staffed by your own representatives, for the duration of the conference.
- Unmanned Exhibit Tables $650 USD—full tabletop (all your own), unstaffed, for the duration of the conference. Offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $650 USD, SCMS will exhibit your titles and materials for you. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to email@example.com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company chosen by SCMS. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
- Shared Exhibit Tables $350 USD—if you have too many titles for one table but not enough for two, we are offering Shared Exhibit Tables. If you elect this option, it is YOUR responsibility to coordinate with another publisher/exhibitor regarding the sharing of the additional table (the publisher/exhibitor must already have at least one tabletop of their own). The only thing SCMS will be responsible for is making sure that your tables are adjacent to one another. Each publisher/exhibitor will pay $350 USD. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the unmanned exhibit option. The email should explain who will be sharing the table.
- Joint Exhibit Tables $350 USD—are offered to publishers/exhibitors unable to send a representative to the conference. For $350 USD, SCMS will exhibit up to five titles from any one publisher/exhibitor on tables shared with other joint exhibitors. Interested publishers/exhibitors should send an email to email@example.com in addition to filling out the online contract requesting the joint exhibit option. The email should include a description of the materials to be exhibited. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send materials to the exhibitor services company. SCMS will NOT be liable for any materials in this manner, nor will SCMS return materials to the exhibitor.
Please be sure to fill out the online EXHIBIT CONTRACT and submit your payment by Monday, December 17, 2018.
REQUIRED PAYMENT INFORMATION:
1. All payments are due prior to the conference and must be paid by the deadline of Monday, December 17, 2018 to secure your exhibit table(s) at the Seattle conference.
2. Credit cards are the preferred method of payment.
Exhibitor Registration Policy
SCMS grants two (2) complimentary registrations per press/institution/company.
Exception: If you would like to bring more than two (2) representatives and have purchased MORE than one exhibition table, you will be allowed one additional complimentary conference registration per table (for example, if you purchase 3 tables, you will be allowed 4 complimentary registrations). If you have purchased only one (1) exhibition table and wish to bring more than two (2) representatives, you will be asked to pay the conference registration fee that applies.
Placement: this year, tabletop space will be assigned in the order in which exhibit contracts are received online. Please understand that acceptance of this contract by SCMS does not guarantee specific placement within the exhibition. Conference sponsors receive preferential placement.
Contract and Payment Deadline -- Monday, December 17, 2018.
Partial (80%) payment will be refunded if contract is cancelled before Monday, December 17, 2018.
No refunds will be issued after Monday, December 17, 2018. Thank you.
Again, information on shipping, drayage, set up, exhibit & teardown hours, and other services will be included in later postings on the SCMS exhibitor website along with further information about travel & hotel accommodations.
Single $185 USD/night
Double $185 USD/night
NOTE: Please support SCMS and the conference by reserving your room at the conference hotel. SCMS reserves a block of discounted rooms for attendees. If these rooms are not booked, the conference must pay a sizeable penalty.
Included in the nightly rate (for SCMS attendees/exhibitors staying at the conference hotel)
- Complimentary internet access in all group guest rooms
Reservations will be accepted until the cut-off date of Wednesday, February 18, 2019 at 5PM local time (at hotel)—based on availability. However, reservations should be made as soon as possible as we expect the hotel to sell out early (well before the cut-off date).
If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitor Receptions (For 2019 Exhibitors Only)
If you plan/wish to have a reception/event at this year’s conference, we ask that you fill out the following form by Friday, January 18, 2019, 5PM CT.
Exhibitor Reception Form
This will enable us to assign space and help publicize your event (it will be listed in the conference program). If your reception is to take place during show hours in the exhibit area, please note that in the comments section. If you wish to hold a reception in space other than the exhibit area, it will have to be held in the evening once official sessions have ended. Your room assignment/time will be emailed to you once the program is finalized (early February 2019) by the Director of Conferences and Events.
Receptions cannot be scheduled at the same time as the Members’ Business Meeting (Thurs, Mar 14, 8-9a), or during the Award Ceremony or the Reception (Fri, Mar 15, 5-615p & 615-730p).
You can access menus from the hotel for your meeting/reception here <http://seattle.sheratonemenus.com/index.asp?HID=77&nav=1743>. You do not have to login to access the menus.
Request/Purchase Exhibit Space
SCMS Exhibition Agreement: Exhibitor applies to rent a booth or booths at the Society for Cinema & Media Studies Exhibition. Upon receipt of payment and confirmation of this agreement by SCMS, SCMS agrees to provide such booth space as is available to Exhibitor. SCMS retains the right to determine the placement of Exhibitors within the Exhibition, and to establish rules regarding hours of operation and the operation of the Exhibition. Exhibitor agrees that it will not sublet or assign its space at the Exhibition without prior consent from SCMS. SCMS and its agents and employees shall not be responsible for any injury or loss to the Exhibitor or its employees during or because of the Exhibition, including personal injury or damage to property. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify SCMS, the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, and their respective employees and agents against any claims and expenses arising out of the use of the exhibition premises. Exhibitor understands that neither SCMS nor the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, maintains insurance covering the Exhibitor’s property, and it is the sole responsibility of Exhibitor to obtain such insurance. No agreements, oral or written, which conflict with SCMS’s policies set forth therein, will be binding on SCMS. All information concerning the SCMS conference & conference program is the sole property of SCMS and any unauthorized use or reproduction of said information is prohibited. Your press/company/representative's signature on this contract assumes you understand and agree to abide by SCMS’ Exhibit Guidelines. Participation in SCMS 2019 requires compliance with the rules of other organizations as well as those of SCMS - these organizations include, but are not limited to, the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, and the Seattle Fire Marshall.
The Society for Cinema & Media Studies (SCMS) complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws, orders, and regulations. SCMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity organization and affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in all programs and activities. Please let us know how we can accommodate any special needs you have.